Planetary Triangles of Transformation [PTofT]
Copyright mojo © 2009
The "Triangle of Solomon" also known as the "Triangle of the Art” is considered by many to be the second most important tool for the Conjuring Magician next to the Magical Circle. The Triangle of Solomon is used in conjunction with the Magic Circle. It is to sit outside the Magic Circle just a few feet away to the East of the Magic Circle.
It is used in the Conjuring of the Demonic or Celestial/Angelic spirits. It is in this Triangle that they will appear and are forced to obey. It is believed that entities will obey because it has 3 Sacred names of God –
• Primeumaton, and
one on each side and it has the name
• Michael (Archangel Michael)
which is split into 3 sections
• MI –
• CHA –
This contains the spirit from escaping and compels them to obey.
The Triangle can be found in the Manuscript "The Goetia" also known as "The Lesser Key of Solomon the King". Once again it is one of the most important tools in the Conjuring of Spirits. There are several ways of setting up this Triangle of the Art.
1. You can trace it on the ground in dirt or sand. This is not the greatest way to do it.
2. You can make one out of wood and and paint it. The Triangle and the letters should be black along with the black circle in the middle of it. The interior should be white. You can do it differently if you so choose just as I have in the above picture. The choice is yours. With this method you can set it on the ground and take it with you when you are done with your Magical operation.
Magical circle and triangle, from Sloane 3648
“[This is the forme of] The Triangle that Salomon commanded the disobedient spirits into; it is to be made two foot [feet] of [out] from the Circle and 3 foot [feet] over [across].”
Note this is to be placed upon [towards] that Coast [quarter] [that] the spirit belongeth [to] &c. Observe the moon in working, &c.
The Term ‘Triangle of Manifestation is a phase that indicates the principle of magical manifestation. This basic principle is rooted in the number of three. It is a metaphysical belief that in order to manifest something, three components must come together. These components are
The functioning of the components is such that if a time and a space are selected into which energy is directed, a manifestation will occur.
A convenient method of directing the energy is through a triangle formed with both hands by placing the tips of the index fingers together while placing both thumbs together with all other fingers extended. This symbolic hand gesture may be employed in a ritual, chanting, or charging an object.
Utilizing this principle, a ‘Triangle’ can be made in accordance to the Planetary energies. This process involves utilizing the association between the 7 Planets and the sequencing of the Planetary associations with the Sefirots of the Qabalah. Therefore the following would apply in regards to BOTH size and color.
Starting in Malkuth, the lowest Sefirot on the Tree, there would be NO Planetary Triangle of Manifestation as the Golden Dawn Pentacle of the Element EARTH is in order. Proceeding from that you have:
Yesod- The Moon, the 9th Sefirot on the Qabalah, therefore it would be a 9X9X9 triangle and its color would be Purple.
Accordingly then the following would apply:
• Netzach-Venus- 7X7X7- Green
• Tiperath- the Sun- 6X6X6- Yellow
• Chesed- Mars- 5X5X5- Red
• Geburah- Jupiter- 4X4X4- Blue
• Chockmah- Saturn- 3X3X3- Black
On the PTofT, there are several symbols & sigils.
• At the very top of the PTofT is the Planetary symbol of the Planet
Just below that is the Planetary Angelick Sigil of Saturn which is CASSIEL
• Just below that is the Sigil of Transformation
• Below that will be the Enochian Ensign of Creation for that particular Planet. [from The Heptarchia Mystica by Dr. John Dee]
• This will be positioned in a White Circle. The Remainder of the Triangle will be the Planetary/Sefirotic color.
[SATURN/Chockmah – Black]
• Beside that is the Olypmic Spirit’s sigil ARATHON
• Below that, on the left side of the triangle’s base is the Planetary sigil associated with the Planetary square.
• On the right side of the triangle’s base is the Enochian Planetary King [Rex]BNAPSEN
• and Prince BRORGES
Here is an example of the Planetary Triangle of Transformation for Saturn- 3X3X3, color should be black with white sigils/symbols:
Planetary Triangle of Transformation for the Planet Saturn
Then you would take the PTofT outside to an alter that would be set up according to the Elemental association with Saturn, which is EARTH, therefore the altar should be set up with a green [or black] altar cloth, and 3 red elemental candles set up at each point of the PTofT. The appropriate tool would be the EARTH Pentacle.
Whatever item you wish to ‘infuse’ with the Planetary energy, you will place in the center of the White circle, with the Enochian Ensign of Creation for the Planet on it. Then you will locate where in the Sky the particular planet you are working with is.
You will direct the energy of that Planet through a triangle formed with both hands by placing the tips of the index fingers together while placing both thumbs together with all other fingers extended,
toward to PTofT.
• Move your hands which form the Triangle from the Planet, which should be seen in the center of the Triangle space between the hands, or else center this space where you know the Planet IS, if its not viewable by the eyes,
• Place the hands over the object,
• Move your hands down until they actually touch the PTofT. This WILL charge the item with the Magickal Planetary energies of the Planet you are working with.
Since we have used the example of the PTofT for Saturn, a planet which can be called upon for Magick involving protection, you may charge an amulet, or a ring…
It IS suggested that you find the Planetary day & hour in which to do the ritual, which in this case would be a Saturday, in the Planetary hour of Saturn.